Navigating the Cost-Benefit Analysis of VPN Integration in Small Businesses
How Much Does a VPN Cost?
The prices for a small business to set up a VPN can be broken down into the following groups:
One of the initial setup costs is the price of VPN software or a service contract.
- Improving the infrastructure (if needed).
- The IT company charges for setting up and deploying.
Operational Costs: – Monthly fees to stay subscribed.
- Costs of maintenance and help.
- Supporting users with connectivity issues under a VPN.
Looking at the Pros and Cons:
There are many good things about having a VPN in place for your business:
- Better Security: Keeps info safe from cyber threats while it’s being sent – It helps you meet data protection compliance standards.
- Remote Work Enablement: This feature makes it easier to work from home – Allows safe access to tools from anywhere.
- Business Continuity: offers a way to keep things running during a crisis – Lowers the chance of downtime caused by security risks.
Calculating the ROI:
Imagine that a small business had a data theft that cost them $50,000. After setting up a VPN, they stopped a similar breach, let employees work from home (which increased productivity by 10%), and stayed in line with data laws, which kept them from getting fined.
The VPN will cost $7,400 for the first year if it costs $5,000 to set up and $200 a month to keep running. If you add up all the benefits, which could be up to $70,000, they include avoiding breaches, increasing output, and following the rules. This leads to a return on investment of:
A VPN can be a great investment for small businesses because it can improve security, allow employees to work from home, and keep the business running. Even if the prices are high at first, the long-term benefits usually make it worth it. Talk to your IT provider to get a full picture of the prices and make sure the VPN solution fits the needs of your business. A VPN can be a smart investment that not only saves your business but also helps it grow if you plan and set it upright.