The cost of hiring a full time IT manager can eat up a sizable chunk of a company’s budget. In the UK, IT managers earn an average salary of £45,675, which can strain the financial resources of a small or medium-sized business. A cost-effective solution to this challenge is to outsource your IT support to an experienced and trustworthy provider. Below are 10 Reasons to outsource IT support.
1) Your company benefits from the expertise of an industry expert. Outsourced IT providers focus solely on IT issues. They receive the continuing education and specialised training required to successfully tackle the most challenging problems efficiently.
2) You save money because you only pay for the services that you require. One of the key benefits of outsourcing is the sizable cost savings that result from only needing to pay for services rendered. This contrasts starkly with full-time IT managers who are paid regardless of whether they are actually working.
3) Outsourced support can supplement your existing IT staff. Outsourcing is not always used as an alternative to hiring a full-time IT manager. Sometimes outsourcing is used on an ad hoc basis when additional IT staff is needed for special projects.
4) Enjoy the benefits of the latest technology. Outsourcing firms focus exclusively on meeting the IT needs of their customers. They employ the latest cutting-edge tools and technology to obtain the best results.
5) Staff can focus more energy on growth and core business responsibilities. By assigning IT responsibilities to an outsourced provider, you can devote your staff and resources entirely to business development and other key responsibilities.
6) Receive a host of value added services. Many people who choose to outsource their IT support appreciate the availability of optional services such as implementation of cloud solutions and disaster recovery support.
7) The outsourced provider bears responsibility for problems. Outsourced IT providers are motivated to comply with industry standards because they bear the responsibility of handling legal problems and compliance-related issues.
8) You save money on office space and furniture. When you choose to outsource IT support, your provider will be responsible for paying for space, equipment and supplies that they need for their job.
9) Your company may receive additional perks, such as a free IT health check. Outsourcing often includes additional proactive perks, such as complimentary IT health checks to identify problems that require IT solutions.
10) The impact on your bottom line will be impressive. After you factor in the money saved by eliminating the need for a full-time employee and office equipment, your bottom line will be more profitable.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about the advantages of outsourcing your IT support. We look forward to helping you optimise your IT resources.