A Guide for Small Businesses on How to Pick the Best VPN Service for Your Company
Microsoft and Office 365: Figuring Out What You Need from a VPN:
Before you start the decision process, think about what your business needs. Take a look at this:
- How big your business is: What kind of VPN service you need will depend on how many people you have.
- What kind of info you have: Stronger encryption and security features are needed for sensitive info.
- Needs for remote access: Look at the needs of your remote workers, such as where they work and what gadgets they use.
Important things to think about:
- Protocols for security: Security is the most important part of any VPN service. Try to find service companies that offer a number of protocols, like OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2. Make sure they offer AES 256-bit security, which is the best available right now.
- Where the servers are located: Pick a service company with servers in the areas where you do business. This gives your team faster speeds and more reliable links.
- Performance and Dependability: A VPN can slow down your internet. This effect can be avoided with certain providers.
- Ease of Use: It should be easy to use your VPN. Your team may not use it as much if the ability to access is too hard to use.
- Price vs. Features: Look at the features and compare them to the price. When it comes to safety, remember that the cheapest choice isn’t always the best.
What You Should Ask Possible Providers:
To be honest and make sure you’re getting the best VPN for your business, ask these questions about possible providers:
- Could you give me some examples of small businesses that have used your service?
- What rules do you have in place for logs?
- How do you ensure your data is safe in line with rules like GDPR and HIPAA?
- Can your VPN handle the number of people my business expects?
- What is your plan in case there is a security breach?
You shouldn’t rush through the process of picking the right VPN service. Do your research, try out the services if you can, and talk to the sales and support teams to fully understand what they have to offer. Remember that the right VPN service will help your business grow and stay safe.
If you would like assistance in deploying a VPN in your business, get in touch with us today.